epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #206412]: How to VNC a client's login screen (KDM, GDM, LoghtDM, etc.)?

Question #206412 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/206412

Alkis Georgopoulos posted a new comment:
> Wouldn't it be possible to mark each package as mutually exclusive of the other?
> This way, it won't be possible to install both of them?

There are some cases, notable LTSP servers, where we do want both of
them.

> Eventually, was this documented somewhere?

Besides the comment in the source code, no, and while Edubuntu student
PCs shouldn't have epoptes install, the whole case does deserve a bit
more thinking, either user messages, logs, or some more clever handling.
In some of the next versions... :)

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.