epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #222214]: installing epoptes in openSuse 12.2 without ltsp

Question #222214 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/222214

Laércio de Sousa posted a new comment:
In fact, original cyberorg epoptes package for openSUSE 12.2 lacks the
file /etc/default/epoptes-client, but you can create it manually.

By the way, /etc/default is a Debian-specific folder normally used by
sysv initscripts, as /etc/sysconfig does for Fedora. Since /etc/default
/epoptes-client is also used outside init context, maybe Epoptes'
developers could consider moving it to a more distro-agnostic path e.g.
/etc/epoptes/epoptes-client.conf.

I'm working on my own Epoptes packages for latest Fedora/openSUSE
releases, which migrated completely to systemd. I already have new
systemd unit files for epoptes and epoptes-client, replacing original
sysv initscripts. I also have a patch which replaces
/etc/default/epoptes* references with /etc/epoptes/epoptes*.conf, and
another patch that removes shebangs (#!/usr/bin/env python) from non-
executable Python modules, in order to prevent some rpmlint warnings.

I could submit these patches upstream, if Epoptes' developers have
interesest on them.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.