epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~oiteam/epoptes/multiseat-one-root-terminal-per-host into lp:epoptes

Laércio, lately you've been proposing patches etc for Epoptes but we haven't responded much, so I'd like to give an explanation for that:
We're not focusing on Epoptes very much currently because we're working on other projects (for schools, like LTSP, sch-scripts...). Nevertheless Phantomas has already committed some new features to Epoptes and he's developing the lab health check tool and support for menus with custom actions, and I'm committing a few bug fixes.

But we're not planning any real world testing or any new releases until the Autumn though, when we'll start preparing for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and for the next Debian release. We want to have zero open bugs before each "big" release, and we only have enough manpower to do that every 2 years.
So we'll go through all the cool features you propose like better multiseat support, systemd integration etc then.

Therefore, please continue filling bugs and patches; just be patient till the Autumn for their full review + integration. :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~oiteam/epoptes/multiseat-one-root-terminal-per-host/+merge/158950
Your team Epoptes Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~oiteam/epoptes/multiseat-one-root-terminal-per-host into lp:epoptes.