epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #235680]: Thin client not registering with epoptes

New question #235680 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/235680

I have epoptes and epoptes-client installed on an Edubuntu LTSP 12.04 server (default install includes these). I have also installed epoptes-client in the chroot which is not installed by default.  The version of epoptes is 0.5.5.0ubuntu0.1.  I rebuilt the image (ltsp-update-kernels ; ltsp-update-sshkeys ; ltsp-update-image --arch i386)

When I boot the clients, I see all the thin clients but one prior to anyone logging in at a client. (e.g. ltsp21, ltsp50 appear but this particular client ltsp20 does not) All are booting from the same server (so same image). I don't have any client-specific settings in lts.conf (below).   ipv4 forwarding is enabled.  I check that a process (socat) started and connected to my ltsp server via ps ax | grep epoptes  and the command is the same on all clients.  If I then log in at the client (with any valid account), I see the client in the epoptes GUI and can manage that user.

I have no idea why just one client machine doesn't register properly.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

lts.conf file:

[default]
  LDM_THEME=edubuntu
  SCREEN_02=shell
  SCREEN_07=ldm
  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
  LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
  LDM_LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
  LDM_SESSION="gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback"
  LOCAL_APPS=True
  LOCAL_APPS_MENU=True
  LOCAL_APPS_MENU_ITEMS=gcompris,tuxmath
  SOUND=True
  SEARCH_DOMAIN = ncs.k12.de.us
  DNS_SERVER = 10.179.2.25

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.