epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #235560]: SSVNC default configuration

Question #235560 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/235560

CF is still having a problem:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for this answer!
I already modified the x11vnc parameters in the script, as shown below:
a) get_assisted
background x11vnc -xinerama -fs 1.0 -nap -speeds modem -solid "#OOOOOO" -wireframe -wait 200 -scrollcopyrect -onetile -nodragging -ncache 6 -noshm -connect_or_exit "$SERVER:$1"

b) get_monitored
background x11vnc -xinerama -fs 1.0 -nap -speeds modem -solid "#OOOOOO" -wireframe -wait 200 -scrollcopyrect -onetile -nodragging -ncache 6 -noshm -viewonly -connect_or_exit "$SERVER:$1"

Are there missing parameters that could compress and speed up the transmission of the client screen to the server ?
I've searched on the x11vnc page, but there are so much options, I don't know what I could add to my command lines.

When I monitor a client, I see in the clients shell (ps -ef | grep
x11vnc) the parameters listed above, they are correctly taken into
account. On the server side, my monitoring window is named SSVNC pc-
VirtualBox:0, and when I use the F8 key, I can change the depth and
compression level. How is ssvnc started from Epoptes ? I found ssvnc
commands in the client-functions, but even if I add default compression
parameters there is no effect.

Thanks a lot,

  François

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.