epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #235416]: Epoptes is running commands with wrong locale

Question #235416 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/235416

Alkis Georgopoulos requested more information:
There are 2 epoptes-client instances, the "system" one and the "session" one.
I assume we're talking about the "session" one, which is started from /etc/xdg/autostart/epoptes-client.desktop.
For example, if a user logs in, and you use epoptes Execute command dialog to execute `xterm` inside the user session, then you're using the "session" epoptes client.

epoptes-client doesn't mess with the locale, except for 4 lines of code,
which shouldn't affect the "session" epoptes-client, and also shouldn't
affect opensuse at all since I don't think it has an /etc/default/locale
configuration file:

# When launched as a service, LANG might not be set.
if [ -z "$LANG" ] && [ -r /etc/default/locale ]; then
    . /etc/default/locale
    export LANG
fi

So, it's probably an issue with your installation. Log in to a client and attach the following:
1) Press Alt+F2 to open the local run command dialog, run xterm from there, and paste the output of `env`.
2) From epoptes, select that client, use the epoptes execute dialog to open xterm on the client (do not use the epoptes "open terminal" menu, use the execute dialog), and paste the output of `env`.

Those 2 should be the same. If they aren't, your DE launches
/etc/xdg/autostart services with broken environment, and you should file
a bug report in your distro bug tracker.

Also, which DE are you using?

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.