epoptes team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #235416]: Epoptes is running commands with wrong locale

Question #235416 on Epoptes changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/235416

Laércio de Sousa gave more information on the question:
Here is my "env" output from a remote xterm, i.e., that open by Epoptes'
execute dialog. I've filtered out those parts that are equally present
in my local "env" output. Conflicting parts between local and remote
"env"s are marked with a pseudo-diff syntax:

COLUMNS=80
<<<<<<
    [remote]
    CPU=Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6700  @ 3.20GHz
    ======
    [local]
    CPU=x86_64

IP=192.168.2.11
<<<<<<
    [remote]
    LC_ALL=POSIX
    ======
    [local]
    "LC_ALL is unset"

LINES=24
MAC=6C:62:6D:F6:9F:ED
NAME=Aluno #01
OLDPWD=/usr/share/epoptes-client
OS=GNU/Linux
PATH=[local PATH]:/sbin:/usr/sbin
PORT=789
RAM=3925
SERVER=proinfo0
<<<<<<
    [remote]
    SHLVL=4
    ======
    [local]
    SHLVL=2

SOCAT_PID=4924
SOCAT_PPID=4924
SOCAT_VERSION=1.7.2.1
TYPE=standalone
UID=1001
VERSION=0.5.6
VGA=4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [2e32]
WINDOWPATH=7
<<<<<<
    [remote]
    XTERM_LOCALE=C
    ======
    [local]
    XTERM_LOCALE=pt_BR.UTF-8

As you can see, the main difference between local and remote "env"s is
the LC_ALL setting (local leaves it unset, remote sets it to "POSIX"),
which implies the different XTERM_LOCALE settings. Both "env"s have LANG
set to my default locale, pt_BR.UTF8.

I'm using openSUSE 12.3 with KDE 4.11.

Epoptes Developers, which is an answer contact for Epoptes.