epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #272700]: thumbnail

New question #272700 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/272700

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Epoptes 0.5.7
Intel Core 2 Duo – 4GB RAM
1 Gb LAN

I installed Epoptes several days ago in a high school computer lab and have been testing it during this time. All functions seem fine except for two issues:
1. The thumbnails are not live, they all show a red screen. If I open a monitoring session, I receive the screen in real time, and all other functions related to viewing and working with a student screen are working, just not the thumbnails. I've checked the certificate that was mentioned in another thread (Question 248), but the certificate is present. I also tested without a certificate present and it doesn't show on the Teacher's panel.
2. Remote boot doesn't work. In the BIOS, I've had wake on LAN enabled, and tested some other related settings such as low power mode. The original configuration was used with another classroom solution, but that was on a different install.
Any suggestions? Even without the two items functioning above, it's still quite useful as I've been without this type of application for over a year.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
You received this question notification because your team Epoptes
Developers is an answer contact for Epoptes.