epoptes team mailing list archive

[Question #284584]: First-time Epoptes User (How do I set this thing up?)

New question #284584 on Epoptes:
https://answers.launchpad.net/epoptes/+question/284584

I am a new epoptes user. At least I would like to be. I am running Ubuntu 14.04 on 21 machines in a computer lab and would like to be able to monitor them...
I am trying to install Epoptes. I don't have a DNS server.
What I have read states that I might need to put my epoptes server IP to /etc/hosts in all clients, before installing epoptes client. I'm not exactly sure what this means.
I am not a programmer and have very little experience working in the terminal.
I need a basic step-by-step to walk me through this setup.
When I say step-by-step. I mean, don't assume that I know anything, because I probably do not.
Thanks for any help that you can provide.

--
You received this question notification because your team Epoptes
Developers is an answer contact for Epoptes.