Re: Re: FEniCS

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 01:47:10PM -0500, Matthew Knepley wrote:

>   True, even Perl was beautiful once. I respect the original autoconf, I just
> think it betrayed its mission. Reading the original help, the idea was to TEST
> everything, rather than read a sort of database of settings as Larry Wall's
> competitor at the time did. However, all too often, autoconf goes back to the
> database approach when the going gets tough. I'd like a roundtable at the
> FEniCS get together about abstractions for build since I still do not have
> great ones there.

That would be great. Any other thoughts/suggestions on how to organize
the meeting are welcome. There are two days October 19-20 and I'm
thinking there will be about 12 talks. Other than that, the schedule
is up for discussion. Also, many of us will be at TTI for the entire
week (Claes, Johan, Hans Petter, Garth) so there will be plenty of
time for discussion outside of the program.

/Anders