Re: FEniCS, Sieve and AMR

Quoting tomtzigt <tomtzigt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> What is the roadmap of the functionality integration between FEniCS and
> Sieve? I am looking at using CUBIT for some industrial strength meshing but
> need some help understanding the impact of that choice in the context of AMR
> within FEniCS.

My limited experience using CUBIT has been positive. It is very powerful. An
irritation was the restrictive distribution, which in the past required that you
write an essay on how you planned to keep the source code secure. After they
"graded" your essay, several days later you could receive the source code.

I see now that they ask for a license fee. While it's not much, I find that the
time and hassle required to process this type of thing is not worth the effort
given the open source alternatives, such as gmsh, which are available.

An iteresting issue is how mesh input can be generated for Sieve. Could Matt or
Dmitry elaborate on this?

Garth

> Theo

Follow ups