Re: Mesh to FEniCS

"tomtzigt" <tomtzigt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> :o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
>
> I need some help. I am looking at two different initial meshers: CUBIT and a fancy industrial mesher from Simmetrix. The latter is completely automatic, but gives you a tet-mesh. The test case I want to build is some funky
> geometry in a flow field and then letting Navier-Stokes loose on it. Before I spent time translating their mesh descriptions to the FEniCS mesh, the question I have is, what could possibly go wrong with these two meshers that I
> should know about before investing time into the adaptation. :p>

  Never heard of Symmetrix, but both the meshers are not open, so we can't really make changes.
I am not sure what answer you are looking for, however I have written code to take a simple
cell <--> vertices description to a Sieve-type mesh already (C++) which is in PETSc. Is this
what you want or something fancier?

     Matt
--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec Guiness