Re: Just to say hello!

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 03:52:59PM +0100, Mandus wrote:
> I just want to inform you that I am now listening on this list, as well as
> on the ffc, dolfin, and sieve dev-lists. For some strange reason we are not
> able to subscribe our simula emails to the fenics lists, thats why I am
> using google-mail. Hopefully we can sort that out later, at least when the
> fenics server move our to us ;-)
>

> Take care,
> Åsmund @ simula.research lab.
>
> --
> Mandus
> The only mandus around.

Hi!

I see the problem now, the fenics mail server is not formal enough for
the simula mail server:

2006-03-14 15:44:49 1FJAkg-0005Nj-00 ** aasmund@xxxxxxxxx R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<aasmund@xxxxxxxxx>: host smtp.uio.no [129.240.10.9]: 550-Improper
HELO/EHLO (bamse): Not fully qualified.\n550-RFC 2821, section 4.1.1:
"The argument field contains the\n550-fully-qualified domain name of
the SMTP client [...]"\n550 See
http://www.usit.uio.no/it/epost/system/#helo_nonfqdn

I've fixed this at our end now, so now I think the mails should be
accepted.

  Johan