New projects?

I'm suggesting two new projects to be added to the web page as FEniCS
projects:

 1. SyFi by Kent-Andre Mardal

 2. UFC by Alnæs, Langtangen, Logg, Mardal, Skavhaug

SyFi is described in detail here:

    http://folk.uio.no/kent-and/software/SyFi/doc/SyFi.html

SyFi can be seen as a combination of FIAT and FFC using symbolic
manipulation through GiNaC in C++ and Python.

UFC (Unified Form-assembly Code) is a specification of a common
format for the code generated by FFC, SyFi and other form compilers.

Are there any objections to adding these two new projects?

We also plan to add another new project UFL (Unified Form Language)
that specifies (and implements) a common input language for SyFi and
FFC. At that point, SyFi and FFC will function similarly - the same
input gives the same output (but with different optimizations) - and
we may then consider a merge in one form or the other. The methodology
for the code generation can then be controlled by a simple flag to the
compiler: tensor representation, symbolics or quadrature.

/Anders

PS: As we discussed in Delft, there are more projects in the pipeline
but we can discuss these projects separately when they are ready for
inclusion.

Follow ups