Re: New project?

Is FEniCS the most appropriate place for Instant? It's a generic tool (not PDE/numercal analysis/modelling specific) so being part of FEniCS might not help Instant in terms of exposure. Sourceforge is probably better(?). Also the theme behind FEniCS components becomes diluted. clear.

Garth

Anders Logg wrote:
I suggest that we add Instant as a new FEniCS project:

    http://pyinstant.sf.net/

This project was discussed briefly in Delft. For those who missed the
introduction, Instant is a simple tool for inlining C/C++ in Python.
Here's an example:

  >> from instant import inline
  >> f = inline("double f(double x, double y) { return x+y; }")
  >> f(2, 3)
  >> 5

We currently have something similar in PyDOLFIN but could use Instant
instead.

Any objections?

/Anders