Re: New project?

We have never decided on what the requirements should be on a FEniCS
project. I agree that we should not become a SourceForge for
scientific computing (it's more like GNOME or the Mozilla project).

What should the requirements be? A very loose requirement would be
that it should "fit in", something that

  1. provides new functionality by using some of the current components;

or

  2. implements functionality used by some of the current components;

Instant fits in under (2). We currently have dolfin-swig in DOLFIN
that does something similar to what instant does and when adding a
dependency from DOLFIN to Instant, it's practical to put Instant on
fenics.org.

But let's discuss what the requirements should be.

/Anders