Re: Web page

> Hey Anders,
>
> So I like the general look and feel for the page, but I think right now
> it has a lot of info and is probably hard for a new person to discern
> which information is important to read.  For example the news banner
> takes up about 1/3 of the page, it's important for users but they are
> probably getting that info through a mailing list already.
>
> Some suggestions I would make are to either 1) move to a three column
> page with the middle being the largest (such as http://www.scipy.org/)
> or 2) combine all the links and make them drop down (for example have a
> link docs which has (about, contact, wiki, and gallery))  then you could
> have more room for links on the main link bar.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> Anders Logg wrote:
>> I have experimented with the web page:
>>
>>     http://www.fenics.org/
>>
>> I wanted to add visible links to the wiki, the repositories and
>> bugzilla, but I'm not perfectly happy with the way it turned out (it
>> looks ugly).
>>
>> Any suggestions or opinions? For example, do we want to keep the
>> orange theme for the buttons and links? (It looks a little pale.)
>>
>> /Anders

The links on the left seem redundant. Why not put all of them at the top
and make them a bit smaller? Or combine them into drop-down menus like
Andy is suggesting.

Another suggestion is to do the whole site as a Wiki (like the SciPy
site). Then you lower the threshold for people to participate in adding
things.

  Johan