Re: Solvers

I'm an outsider to this project and don't want to ruffle any feathers, but if PETSc is going to be the intended back end linear algebra library, then consider this. Instead of trying to maintain your own solver database within dolfin, wouldn't it be easier to rely on the existing, well maintained, PETSc database and provide a path for sending the options through a lightweight interface?

-Gideon Simpson
 Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics
 Columbia University