Re: FEM for Electromagnetics

Hello Evan,

I would look at start at the demos (dolfin/src/demo/pde). The mixedpoisson and stokes demos have vector elements, unfortunately in my quick test it looks like Nedelec hasn't been fully integrated in dolfin just yet. The convectiondiffusion demo gives some time stepping routines that might be helpful.

-- Andy

Lezar, Evan, Mr <elezar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I have recently come across Fenics in my search for a finite element library to use in my PhD research. I am involved in computational electromagnetics and typically use tangentially continuous edge, face and volume based vector basis functions to solve Maxwell’s equations. These are higher order Nedelec basis functions.

At the moment I am trying to come to terms with what is going on the in the code base and thought a good start would be to implement a solver for a simple 2D waveguide eigenvalue problem (The source-free vector Helmholtz equation).

Is there anyone that has tackled something similar, or can give me a couple of pointers to get going?

Thanks in advance

Evan Lezar

Andy Terrel
Computer Science Dept