FEM for Electromagnetics

Hi all

I have recently come across Fenics in my search for a finite element
library to use in my PhD research.  I am involved in computational
electromagnetics and typically use tangentially continuous edge, face
and volume based vector basis functions to solve Maxwell's equations.
These are higher order Nedelec basis functions.

At the moment I am trying to come to terms with what is going on the in
the code base and thought a good start would be to implement a solver
for a simple 2D waveguide eigenvalue problem (The source-free vector
Helmholtz equation).

Is there anyone that has tackled something similar, or can give me a
couple of pointers to get going?

Thanks in advance

Evan Lezar

Follow ups