New proposed project: FEniCS Apps

Hello fellow FEniCS hackers,

We're currently considering launching a new FEniCS project called

'FEniCS-Apps'

The idea of this project would be to establish a community of
developers that use FEniCS software for larger applications. These
applications would then be hosted as individual sub-projects under
'FEniCS-Apps'. The aim is to enable developers to share code, ideas
and best practices when using other FEniCS projects like FFC and
DOLFIN.

Two examples of projects that could be hosted by 'FEniCS-Apps', that
we have developed, are:

dolfin-grade2:  a library for solving non-Newtonian fluid problems
using the grade-two fluid model

fenics-plasticity:  a library that implements different plastic models
and a framework for solving problems using these models.

We have set up a few things to show how our idea would work, that you
might check out.

* a page on the wiki (http://www.fenics.org/wiki/FEniCS_Apps)
* a hg repository (http://www.fenics.org/apps/)