Re: pde.solve() command parameters

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:16:28AM +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
> Quoting Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > You seem to be using an old version of DOLFIN. Try the latest release
> > (0.9.0) where LinearPDE has been replaced by VariationalProblem.
>
> I guess this won't work either because he's solving for 4 Functions.
> Only 1,2,3 is currently supported. Is it possible to design for an
> arbitrary number of Functions? Otherwise the VariationalProblem files
> could end up being very large.
>
> Kristian

It would be easy to add a bunch of extra calls for 4, 5, 6,
etc. arguments but I think we should avoid using varargs for this (it
might also work only for built-in types).

How about just calling solve() for one Function and then picking the
components manually, that's what happens in VariationalProblem for
multiple Function arguments:

  Function u;
  solve(u);

  u0 = u[0];