Re: Equations in documentation

On 27/04/10 09:58, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 27 April 2010 10:30, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone looked into including equations in the new documentation? I
had a
quick look and there appears to be no easy solution which works for both
LaTeX and HTML. See

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#how-can-i-include-mathematical-equations-in-documents

I see you found the .. math:: directive. I think it looks pretty good
with the png equations, the alternative is to use the jsmath extension
to render the equations, but I didn't look into how it works.

It turns out to be pretty easy. The issues was that reStructuredText doesn't support equations in a way that is independent of the output format, but Sphinx does.

Garth

Kristian

Garth