Re: Demo documentation

On 27 April 2010 10:50, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm wondering if it's appropriate to separate the documentation for demos
into C++ and Python versions since a good fraction is common. We could
combine it into one file, or split into three (rather than the two which we
have now) with

I think it is a matter of taste. I was thinking that we could have the common text in separate *.rst files and then include them where appropriate in the C++ and Python specific files. Such that we have (in the demo dir):
common/*.rst
cpp/*.rst
python/*.rst

With this approach it will be possible to print a self contained version for either C++ or Python. It might not be very interesting for the demos, but the Tutorial and Programmer's reference could benefit from this approach.

Kristian

1. Problem and method description
2. Documentation of C++ demo code
3. Documentation of Python demo code