Re: Demo documentation

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:28:13AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> On 27/04/10 10:11, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
> >

> >On 27 April 2010 10:50, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>I'm wondering if it's appropriate to separate the documentation for demos
> >>into C++ and Python versions since a good fraction is common. We could
> >>combine it into one file, or split into three (rather than the two
> >>which we
> >>have now) with
> >
> >I think it is a matter of taste.
>
> My point is not so much taste, but how best to avoid duplication.
> How can we best avoid duplicating the description of the equation
> and method?

In this case, I think duplication is good, in particular since both
versions will originate from a common source (so there is really no
duplication).

I imagine it is easier for a Python user to click on a link for a demo
and get the full info on one page: the background/overview/equations
and the Python code.

The C++ user would get the same experience and the common intro is
just a separate file which gets included.