Re: [noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Branch ~fenics-core/fenics-doc/main] Rev 11: Added Poisson.ufl and main.cpp file and create link for download.]

On 27/04/10 13:52, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 27 April 2010 14:18, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any ideas on how to keep the code in the documentation and the actual
demos in sync? Should we have a script that copies all the source
files? Or should we do the opposite: extract the demos from the
documentation?

Good question, initially I thought copying from DOLFIN to documentation
was the way to go, but on second thought the other way around might be
better.
The reason is that if the demos break, then they will be fixed in the
documentation which makes is more likely that the accompanying text (and
code snippets) will also be corrected.

We'll usually have the source code for a demo broken into pieces in the documentation with an explanation for each part of the code (rather than one big chunk), so how would this work with syncing to the actual demo code?

Garth

Kristian