Re: FEniCS Documentation, file names

On 27/04/10 15:45, k.b.oelgaard@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I think now is a good time to settle on a naming convention for the file
names in the documentation source directory.
The naming is now inconsistent at best because I tried to give each file
a unique name since we did not know how the directory structure should
look like.

Now, for instance, we have (in source/):

./programmers-reference/appendices/appendices.rst (index page for
appendices)
./programmers-reference/appendices/ffc/ffc_index.rst (another index page)
./programmers-reference/appendices/ffc/ffc_introduction.rst

./demos/demos.rst (index page for demos)
./demos/cpp/cpp_demos.rst (another index page)
./demos/python/python_demos.rst (yet another index page)
./demos/cpp/pde/cpp_poisson.rst (C++ version of Poisson)
./demos/cpp/pde/Poisson.ufl
./demos/cpp/pde/poisson_main.cpp
./demos/python/pde/python_poisson.rst (Python version of Poisson)
./demos/common/pde/poisson.txt

Would it be better to simply skip all cpp_ and python_ (should be clear
from the path) and simply use index.rst for index pages?

I'm not too fussed about this.

We should probably also insert one more level in the demos directory
such that demos/cpp/pde/cpp_poisson.rst -->
demos/cpp/pde/poisson/poisson.rst

Agree.

Garth

Then the names would be:

./programmers-reference/appendices/index.rst
./programmers-reference/appendices/ffc/index.rst
./programmers-reference/appendices/ffc/introduction.rst

./demos/index.rst
./demos/cpp/index.rst
./demos/python/index.rst
./demos/cpp/pde/poisson/poisson.rst
./demos/cpp/pde/poisson/Poisson.ufl
./demos/cpp/pde/poisson/main.cpp
./demos/python/pde/python/poisson.rst
./demos/common/pde/poisson/equations.txt
./demos/common/pde/poisson/results.txt (if we want to show some results
too, we can also share that)
./demos/common/pde/poisson/results.png

It might be confusing to have a lot of files opened that all have the
name 'index.rst', but the names will be a lot shorter.

Kristian