Re: [Branch ~fenics-core/fenics-doc/1.0] Rev 296: Removed <h2> as requested by Marie

On 5/31/11 1:56 PM, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 01:53:03PM +0200, Harish Narayanan wrote:

>>> What is the motivation for the merge? Luckily the cronjob that
>>> automatically pulls from fenics-doc and publishes it on the web page
>>> is not running. (And I would like to keep it so until the pages are
>>> ready for launch.)
>>>
>>> As discussed last week (with either Marie or Harish, don't remember),
>>> perhaps it is more natural now to put the web pages under fenics-web
>>> instead of fenics-doc (now that the actual docs are located in the
>>> projects)?
>>>
>>> Harish: what we will get from the designer is the main logo to be
>>> placed in the top right corner of the red banner, or perhaps the
>>> entire banner including the logo and the text "FEniCS Project" in that
>>> special font. We will also get a bunch of icons in various sizes and
>>> formats (desktop install, small thumbnail for newsitems etc), so feel
>>> free to move ahead with the design/structuring of the main page any
>>> time.
>>
>> Is this designer not providing some sort of overall look for the site as
>> well?
>
> I have not asked for that specifically since I kind of like what we
> have now. Do you think I should ask for that as well? That may take
> more time.

Designer-like people have a knack for coming up with an overall look
based on the same vision that made the logo. So I thought it might be a
good idea to ask. We can still work on things with the current design
until then.

Harish