Re: ffc-0.2.0 problem with running demos

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 10:33:54PM -0700, osman buyukisik wrote:
> On Sunday 25 September 2005 14:07, Anders Logg wrote:
> > Thanks for the report. It looks like there is a Numeric.vdot where
> > there should be a Numeric.dot. Changing from
> >
> >     # Otherwise, use Numeric.vdot
> >     return Numeric.vdot(vec(v), vec(w))

> >     # Otherwise, use Numeric.dot
> >     return Numeric.dot(vec(v), vec(w))
> >
> > in src/ffc/compilers/operators.py should do the trick.
> >
> > If possible, could you try it out and see if it works?
> >
> > /Anders
>
> No I am getting :
> osman@linux:~/ffc-cvs/src/demo> ffc Heat.form
> This is FFC, the FEniCS Form Compiler, version 0.2.0.
> For further information, go to http://www/fenics.org/ffc/.
>
> Parsing Heat.form
> Output written to Heat.py
> *** No module named Numeric
> osman@linux:~/ffc-cvs/src/demo>
>
> Maybe I have a defective Numeric???

Very strange. If no one else can reproduce this error, I'm guessing
there may be something wrong with your Python/Numeric installation.

I've modified FFC in CVS (snapshot created each hour) to use the
correct dot product from Numeric (dot instead of vdot).

/Anders