Re: [HG FFC] Remove Form wrapper when compiling an element.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 09:01:05AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Anders Logg wrote:

> >> There is some relationship between these files and some errors because
> >> Kristian made fixes in uflufcformat.py which worked, and after some
> >> commits it seems that dolfinformat.py is being used instead of
> >> uflufcformat.py
> >>
> >> Garth
> >
> > I made quite a few changes (simplifications and restructuring) to the
> > new code generation which broke things, in particular for facet
> > integrals, but it seems strange that dolfinformat.py should be used.
> > As far as I can tell it's only being used for compilation of .form
> > files, not .ufl files.
> >

> Kristian made some fixes for .form files in uflufcformat.py
>
>    http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=fe24d7b3b90a
>    http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=aca7d0ea2e24
>    http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=e2616554bb1f
>
> which were then undone at some point. I mimiced the changes in
> dolfinformat.py which fixed one issue. Should
>
>     def _generate_function_space(self, element, classname, element_map):
>
> not be in uflufcformat.py? It's confusing that uflufcformat.py has code
> for writing DOLFIN FunctionSpaces, but other DOLFIN-specific code is in
>   dolfinformat.py.

The module dolfinformat.py will be removed once we've done with the
UFL transition. There will only be one format file which will then be
named ufcformat.py. The DOLFIN specific stuff will be handled by the
module dolfin_utils.wrappers (which is part of DOLFIN).

I still haven't gotten so far as to thinking about compilation of
single elements and function spaces for UFL yet (but Kristian has).

--
Anders