Re: [DOLFIN-dev] Interesting issue with interpolate(?)

Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
Quoting Marie Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx>:

(Tested both using tensor and quadrature representation.
Tensor and quad differ somewhat for the norm(u).
Is the quadrature default to integrate RTs using
"too low" a quadrature rule still?)

Could be, quadrature uses the UFL guesstimate which just looks at the element
degree. And I think it is 'tricked' by the RT element when doing this (as I
recall it). You can set the quadrature order through metadata of the Measure to
increase the order manually, then tensor and quadrature should at least agree.
Do note that tensor representation ignores the metadata input (which is a bug).

Maybe life would be simpler if we just changed the numbering of the RT and the Nedelecs?
So that a finite element space of degree k is always in P_k?

--
Marie

Follow ups