Re: Selection of element degree

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 09:41:04AM +0100, Marie Rognes wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:

> >>Why?
> >
> >Since that's how the generated quadrature code works. It loops over
> >quadrature points for an integrand and then it's useful if everything
> >in the integrand is evaluated at those points.
> >

> Ok.

I have made a new change of the selection strategy.

For quadrature, FFC now looks at the maximum degree of anything in the
form (including test and trial functions and coefficients).

For tensor representation, FFC first looks at the maximum degree to
select the degree but then looks at the total degree to select the
quadrature it uses at compile time.

I think this looks ok now and both FFC and UFL are ready for a new
release. There's still the bug fix Kristian is working on for using
quadrature elements for coefficients instead of Lagrange, but we
don't need to wait with the release.

FFC is still verbose about its selection of degrees so keep an eye on
what FFC prints during compilation and report any strange behavior.

--
Anders