Re: Status (again)

Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 28 January 2010 22:12, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 28 January 2010 21:16, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 07:51:52PM +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

On 28 January 2010 19:18, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Update:

 ElementRestriction.ufl
Could you have a look at and comment on the discussion about element
restrictions? It was posted a couple of days ago on the list. It
would be nice to get right the first time.

Kristian

I can't find the discussion about element restrictions.

What is the status of getting ElementRestriction working? I haven't
looked at restrictions at all so I don't know how it should be
handled.

And shouldn't the name of the element be RestrictedElement rather than
ElementRestriction?

I should probably be 'FacetRestriction'.

No, because we can restrict elements to Cell, Measure and possibly
SubDomain.

'Can' or 'would like to'? ;)

OK, so it is 'could' in the old FFC for restrictions onto facets and to Measure (the *dc that Mehdi uses), the sub-domains business is easy to switch on i UFL, but harder to implement in FFC and it is currently unsupported in both old and new FFC. And it wouldn't like to be able to restrict elements to SubDomains and the moment :)

Could somebody fill me in on precisely what the

   "Restrictions to Measure"

and

   "Restrictions to SubDomains"

mean?