Re: [Dolfin] Broken demos

On Sunday 31 January 2010 15:37:41 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Anders Logg wrote:

> >> Poisson (2D) and a few others (while Poisson is broken, I don't take
> >> much notice of the others which are broken), and some of my solvers.
> >> Seems ok now.
> >>
> >> It would be useful if the representation would be printed to the screen
> >> when using JIT.
> >
> > You can print it by decreasing the debug level. Just set the
> > "log_level" option to INFO.
> >
> >> How do I control FFC options from PyDOLFIN?
> >
> > By passing an optional 'options' argument to assemble() or
> > VariationalProblem:
> >
> >   A = assemble(a, options={"representation": "quadrature",
> >                            "log_level": INFO})
> >
> > This was broken but it works again now. VariationalProblem didn't have
> > an options argument before but I have added it. I have also renamed
> > form_compiler_options --> options since it's shorter and there is no
> > other options dictionary.
>
> Setting FFC parameters seems a but clunky. How can one set global
> parameters (along the lines of 'parameters.optimize = True', which does
> work at the moment), and how does one know what keys can go into the
> options dictionary?

I think this is done by design as PyDOLFIN should be able to use different
form_compilers. The option dict should just be passed to the form_compiler
using the options argument.

It seems that parameter.optimize only deals with caching of tensors and that,

   parameters.optimize_form
   parameters.optimize_use_dof_map_cache

do not do anything more?

We could force the form_compiler to define a more verbal option interface,
explaining the meaning of the different options, which then could be reached
from PyDOLFIN?

Johan