Re: Some various questions

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:36:33PM +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
On 24 March 2010 17:31, Marie Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(1) ffc does not expose ufl. Is this intentional? For instance, the
following gives a "FiniteElement not defined error"

  from ffc import *
  element = FiniteElement("CG", "triangle", 1)
I don't think we should make FiniteElement part of ffc. It belongs in UFL and when you need it, import it.

Agree.

(2) What is the purpose of the argument 'object_names' to
'compile_element'? It does not seem to be used anywhere.
I think it only makes sense in compile_form, to get correct names for Coefficients (like f, g) and stuff, so that can be deleted.

Agree.

(3) Where is the output argument 'forms' of 'compile_form' used? I
thought it was used by the jitcompiler, but that does not seem to be
the case.
Don't know.

It was used before, but not since we changed the JIT compiler so that
it calls preprocess itself before calling compile_form.

So it can be removed.

Ok!

--
Marie