Re: Dependency on DOLFIN

On 18/05/10 09:32, Johannes Ring wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Garth N. Wells<gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On May 18 2010, Johannes Ring wrote:

Hi,

See this bug report:

Does FFC require DOLFIN?

Only when using the '-l dolfin' flag.

We should add a more informative error message.

When DOLFIN is not available and I run

   ffc -l dolfin -r quadrature SteadyStokes.ufl

like in the bug report above, I get

   Unable to generate DOLFIN wrappers, missing module dolfin_utils.wrappers.

   *** FFC: Unable to generate DOLFIN wrappers, missing module
dolfin_utils.wrappers.
   *** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with --debug.

which I think is a okay error message.

We can add a bit more to the message, e.g. suggest installing DOLFIN.

If I rerun FFC with the --debug
flag, I get the same error message as in the bug report.

Maybe the best and simplest solution is to add python-dolfin as a
recommendation or a suggestion in the python-ffc package.

Sounds good.

Garth

Johannes

Garth

Is it only dolfin_utils that is required? If
so, maybe there should be a separate package python-dolfin-utils in
Debian and let python-ffc depend on this package?

Johannes