Re: Dependency on DOLFIN

On Tuesday May 18 2010 02:02:19 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On 18/05/10 09:32, Johannes Ring wrote:

> >> Only when using the '-l dolfin' flag.
> >>
> >> We should add a more informative error message.
> >
> > When DOLFIN is not available and I run
> >
> >    ffc -l dolfin -r quadrature SteadyStokes.ufl
> >
> > like in the bug report above, I get
> >
> >    Unable to generate DOLFIN wrappers, missing module
> >    dolfin_utils.wrappers.
> >
> >    *** FFC: Unable to generate DOLFIN wrappers, missing module
> >
> > dolfin_utils.wrappers.
> >
> >    *** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with
> >    --debug.
> >
> > which I think is a okay error message.
>
> We can add a bit more to the message, e.g. suggest installing DOLFIN.
>
> > If I rerun FFC with the --debug
> > flag, I get the same error message as in the bug report.
> >
> > Maybe the best and simplest solution is to add python-dolfin as a
> > recommendation or a suggestion in the python-ffc package.

Not sure how this adds up to a debian package, but the dolfin_utils can be
installed without the PyDOLFIN option in SCons. What I mean is that optimally
should dolfin_utils be installed together with the ordinary dolfin packages. A
person should be able to install dolfin without python-dolfin.

Johan