Re: integral meta-data

On 23 May 2010 15:08, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23/05/10 13:58, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:

>> It looks like this is already supported in FFC.
>> Note that the representation must be the same on each subdomain (this
>> is also a requirement for quadrature_degree).
>>
>>  dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"}) + dS(0, {"representation":
>> "quadrature"})
>>
>> is not possible, but
>>
>>  dS(1, {"representation": "tensor"}) + dS(0, {"representation":
>> "quadrature"})
>>

> OK.
>
>    dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"}) \
>  + dS(0, {"representation": "tensor"})
>
> works, but
>
>    dS({"representation": "tensor"}) \
>  + dS({"representation": "tensor"})
>
> doesn't. Seems like a bug.

It's because domain_id is not a keyword argument in the __call__
function of Measure.
I changed this such that you can do:

 dS(metadata={"representation": "tensor"}) \
 + dS(metadata={"representation": "tensor"})

> Turns out I can't use this anyway because facet normals are not supported by
> FFC with the tensor representation,
>
>    ffc.tensor.monomialextraction.MonomialException: No handler defined for
> terminal FacetNormal

I don't know if this is just because it is not implemented yet, or
because it is not possible to support this with
tensor representation.

Kristian