firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Changes for fwts V0.18.2 and future development..

Hi again,

== fwts changes for V0.18.2 ==

Bug LP#627959 fwts FADT test is not checking correct table
from /sys/firmware
        Thanks to AceLan Kao for spotting this and sending me a fix. I
        also found a couple of issues with the way the 64 bit addresses
        were being fetched from this table, so these were included in
        the fix too.

== fwts, natty branch ==

I've now opened up a natty branch for some of my newer experimental code
for 11.04:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=cking/fwts/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/natty

I've added a couple of new features so far:

cmosdump: Dump and annotate CMOS NVRAM memory.
acpidump: Dump and annotate common ACPI tables (work in progress.
checksum: Sanity check ACPI table checksums.

my aim for Natty is to add in more tests based on the past few months of
BIOS debugging and to add deeper ACPI table checking and get some more
intelligence into the DSDT+SSDT AML analysis. I also hope to rip out the
regex strings from the log scanning code and load these dynamically to
make the code more maintainable.

I also aim to add --bios, --uefi and --acpi flags to target tests based
on the type of firmware being used.

Suggestions on new features + contributions/patches are always welcome.

Colin