firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

annoucing fwts 0.18.04, and natty new features.

Hi,

Another week, and a couple of very minor changes to fwts in Maverick
10.10.

== minor fixes ==

Bug LP#638783 - nx test, CPU number is being logged incorrectly on a
test failure.

cpufreq: fixed a typo.

== fwts USB memory stick image ==

I've re-worked the script that wraps fwts so it now uses the 'dialog'
tool for a little more eye-candy and to make it more usable. One can now
run the batch and/or batch experimental tests.  These are based on the
daily Maverick builds, so one gets all the latest kernel, userspace +
fwts goodness.

Downloadable images:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/testing/maverick-desktop-i386-fwts.img
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/testing/maverick-desktop-amd64-fwts.img

== fwts Natty 11.04 ==

I'm on feature freeze for fwts Maverick 10.10, so I'm piling in new
features into the Natty branch:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=cking/fwts/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/natty

New Features:

Better integration with 'dialog' tool progress bar: -D,
--show-progress-dialog options

romdump:      dump BIOS ROM and option ROMs
crs:          check PCI host bridge configuration using _CRS
apicinstance: check one instance of APIC table (MADT)
mtrr:         check for AMD SYSCFG[MttFixDramModEn] config

..and a re-write of the ACPI table reading code. This now extracts
all the ACPI tables from the BIOS memory without the need of acpidump
or the /sys/firmware tables.

== fwts in OpenSUSE ==

Looks like fwts has now been included into OpenSUSE too.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=fwts&project=home:reinauer

..so it's getting some traction.

As ever, if you find a bug or want new features, file a bug, send me an
email, ping me or send a patch or two!

Colin