firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Updates for fwts V0.22.16 and new s3power test

Hi there,

I'm pushing out an update (V0.22.16) to address a minor bug.  The
updates should appear in the -devel and -stable PPAs shortly.  The bug
is:

LP#789114: Summary total of aborted tests is incorrect (double
accounting).
        This only affects the final summary table when tests abort,
        which is generally rare anyway.

== New Features ==

I'm also pushing out some 'cutting edge' features for the Oneiric
release in the "Unstable Crack" PPA
(ppa:firmware-testing-team/ppa-fwts-unstable-crack).  The latest update
includes an 's3power' test that will suspend the machine and measure the
power used in suspend.  This only works for machines with batteries, and
one has to unplug the machine from mains power and have a reliable
battery for this to work.  To run, use:

sudo fwts s3power --s3power-sleep-delay=X

where X is the delay in seconds.

It is best to put the machine into a sleep for at least 1 hour to an
accurate measurement of power drain while in suspend, e.g.

sudo fwts s3power --s3power-sleep-delay=3600

The test will report back the power drained and an estimate of how long
the machine can be suspended before the battery runs out.

I'm interested to see if this test is useful and gives good results for
a range of hardware out there. So, testers please give me feedback!

I've only pushed out an Oneiric build for this test at the moment in the
unstable-crack PPA. If there is demand I will try and get builds for
other series too.

Have a great weekend!

Colin