firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Firmware Test Suite - wiki documentation.

Hi there,

As agreed at UDS I'm expanding the Firmware Test Suite (fwts) documentation. I thought I would approach the problem by writing a wiki-page per test giving a general overview of the test (e.g. why it is useful, what it does and how to use it).

I also propose over time to add to each page further explanations of test results to clarify and give some contextualization to different test failures. Thus, if anybody uses a test and needs more explanation to the test results, I will add this to the wiki-page. This will allow me to focus on what needs more explanation rather than having to explain each of the 300+ test cases in fine detail straight away.

So.. to the documentation... the main wiki page is:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Reference/fwts

and this contains a table of available tests. Some of these have links to per-test wiki pages, so far I've just written:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Reference/fwts/acpiinfo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Reference/fwts/method
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Reference/fwts/acpidump

..hopefully that will give some feel to how I hope to proceed. I won't do many more pages as yet, as I'd like to get some feedback on these existing pages to allow me to fine tune the documentation before I proceed to write up *every* test.

Please comment. If I don't get any feedback be mid-August then I will assume it is OK in the current format.

Colin