firmware-testing-team team mailing list archive

Using FWTS for Certification

(I hope this is the right mailing list)

Hi,

In Hardware Certification we have adopted FWTS for testing power management (amongst other things), including S3, shutdown and reboot. At the moment it is giving us a few issues because FWTS is quite strict about how it checks for kernel warnings and other issues. For Hardware Certification we need to be less strict, but without ignoring any problems which might be worthy of preventing the systems from being certified. The purpose of this email is to kick off a dialogue about which errors we really need to pay attention to for certification.

Follow ups