flabber team mailing list archive

Launchpad: your PPA's size limit

Hello flabber,

Personal Package Archive size limits
-------------------------------------

We've been thrilled by the take-up of Personal Package Archives and the
different uses to which people are putting them. As the number of PPAs
grows, naturally they require more and more disk space.

Right now, the default size of a PPA is 1GB but Launchpad doesn't
enforce that. Instead, when you get close to 1GB in your archive
Launchpad warns you by email.

We're plannning to start enforcing PPA size limits as of the 25th of
February. From then onwards, Launchpad will reject further uploads to
PPAs that have reached their maximum size. Note that this applies to a
very small number of PPAs; the majority of PPAs are much smaller than
1GB.

The limit isn't a hard rule, though. I've already been in touch with
everyone whose PPA is getting close to or is already over 1GB. If I
haven't contacted you but you need more space for your PPA, please
request it using Launchpad Answers:

https://answers.launchpad.net/soyuz

If you use your PPA in a way that helps the community or is cool for
some other reason, we'll almost certainly increase its size.

If you have any questions or concerns about this change, get in touch
with us on the launchpad-users mailing list:

https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-users

Thanks,

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad.net -- free software collaboration and project hosting