folding-at-home team mailing list archive

Re: Hello, and Welcome!

2010/1/17 Steve Woodruff <swoody@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> With our recent influx of members to the Launchpad group, and our
> recent mailing list subscribers, I wanted to send out this quick
> hello, and how-do-you-do :)
>
> I figured we can use this mailing list as a way to keep in touch with
> each other, and a means by which we can ask any kind of Ubuntu/folding
> related questions. I think that this is rather important as we really
> don't have a decent method of communicating on the forum when we're
> looking for something folding-specific.
>
> So get used to the mailing list! Send a reply, say hello, and
> introduce yourself :)
>
> Thanks again to everyone for making Team Ubuntu the folding success
> that it has become! (Currently ranked #68 out of ~75,000 teams
> world-wide!!)
>
> --
> Steve Woodruff
> swoody@xxxxxxxxxx

Just figured that I'd say hi myself.  Well,  the name's Chris,  or if
you ever catch me in IRC then I'm simply known as ianto.  I'm the
current Point of Contact and a founding member of the Ubuntu Cymru
(Wales) LoCo team as well as being an administrator of both the en_GB
and cy_GB translation teams.

The real-life me,  well I am a 17 y/o college student studying Welsh
Lang. & Lit., Computing & Electronics working towards my BA Cymraeg
(Welsh).  As well as taking part in helping out on a course to teach
people Welsh.

Currently I run Folding on just my PS3 but I'm working on finding out
how best to run it on my computers without using up too much of my fan
speed thus making noise or stealing my power.

Not really much else to say other than good work on the Folding
project guys and if you are interested in my short bio above feel free
to ask questions.

Regards,
Christopher Swift <christopher.swift@xxxxxxxxx>