folding-at-home team mailing list archive

Re: its been 3 months... how's it going?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Christer Edwards <
christer.edwards@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:48 PM, swoody <swoody@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So my overall advice on passkeys - don't make things complicated if you
> > don't *need* to. Enjoy being able to setup a client anywhere at anytime
> by
> > just knowing your user-name and team #45104 :)
> >
> > - Woody
>
> I seem to recall being able to recover the passphrase via an email
> form on the web, but I'm not 100%.
>
> Also, do you have any links to that nasty rumor you dropped into the
> channel the other day? The one regarding Linux support.
>
> --
> Christer Edwards
> .: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com :.

Ah yes, now I remember. After your post, I looked up the FAQ on folding
passkeys [1] and you can recover your passkey if you have the same email
address you did when you first created it. That was my problem - I think
I've had about 12 different emails since then, and I had no idea which one I
used, not to mention that I'm sure that email account is no longer open. So
I couldn't recover my passkey now if I lost mine.

Also.... haha! I'm sorry, it may have been April 1st that day! Stanford
isn't going to be dropping Linux clients any time soon! At least the
reaction wasn't as bad as in the other channel where I said Ubuntu was going
to drop the entire forum due to maintenance issues ;)

- Woody

[1] http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey