freenx-team team mailing list archive

startkde problem

Hi FreeNX Team,

I have a problem with starting a KDE-Session of users that never logged in on
a system that runs freenx on Ubuntu Hardy (latest PPA packages).

Here are the details:

If you log in on a System running KDE through kdm, then Xsession gets involved
and starts a script called /usr/bin/xdg-user-dirs-update.
This script creates a file called ~/.config/user-dirs .dirs that seems to
include some parameter needed by KDE.

However, if you login through freenx, "startkde" is used and Xsession is not
invoked. The result is that you can login in as a user, but your ~/Desktop
is "/". So you see all the root directories (/bin, /usr, /var, etc.) on your
Desktop.

Here is my workaround:

# Create a little script, that starts xdg-user-dirs-update:
# /usr/lib/nx/startkde_nx
#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/xdg-user-dirs-update
/usr/bin/nx-session-launcher-suid startkde

# Set COMMAND_START_KDE in /etc/nxserver/node.conf.d/00_ubuntu_overrides.conf
COMMAND_START_KDE='/usr/lib/nx/startkde_nx'

Can somebody confirm this behaviour? I'm not really sure if this is something
we should fix in freenx. Maybe this is a problem in startkde that should
invoke Xsession? What do you think?

Thanks, Thilo

--
Thilo Uttendorfer