Re: Coding guidelines and OpenStack Infra

It should be just a couple of lines in yaml.

There are also jobs for Puppet lint and syntax checks.

Here you can see definition of such job:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/projects.yaml#n1331

Here you can find directive for zuul to run these jobs:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml#n3139

You can ping me if you'll need help with infra.

Thanks,
Ruslan

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Mike Scherbakov
<mscherbakov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ivan,
> looks like great idea. Really, why to invent if we can reuse?
>
> Is it something simple to configure? (I believe it should be.. just YAML?)
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Ivan Kolodyazhny <
> ikolodyazhny@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Andrey,
>> yes, we have similar tests for it.
>>
>> But I propose to don't create own task/script/etc for pylint/pep checks.
>> It would be great to use OpenStack infra for such tasks. It has all
>> necessary tasks now: checks for pep8, pylint and development docs build for
>> every review request for every python project. We just need to configure it
>> and use.
>>
>> Let's use already created OpenStack infrastructure to be closer to
>> community!
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Andrey Danin <adanin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> I forgot to say the job it triggered by gerrit for every pull request.
>>>

>>> Sent from my HTC

>>> following
>>> them. But we have no good enough pep8 and pylint checks for every review

>>> https://jenkins.openstack.org/view/All/job/gate-nova-pylint/) and other