Re: Mirantis OpenStack 4.0 will support Ceilometer service

Hello, Nadya,

Thank you for raising this important question.

why have you refused to use notifications?

Yes, notifications not used in 4.0. Main reason was a buggy ceilometer
behavior in case with *SQL backend* + notifications:

   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/havana/+bug/1255107 (seems it
   was fixed Dec.6)
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1257908

Perfomance degradation was a minor reason and only assumption.

In my opinion we shouldn't merge notifications, until it will work properly
with SQL.

Notifications work well with MongoDB backend. We plan to merge
notifications into 4.1 release.

Here is our code:
https://github.com/rsokolkov/fuel/commit/e94e1f2b3604e0e03ea20356f6e92ec317f7c7e8

Thank you, Roman S.