Re: Ceilometer+ mongo (simple and HA)

One major element to consider is # of transactions per second we need
to anticipate, rather than volume in mb/gb/tb. No matter how small a
transaction is, it creates overhead. Yes, storage capacity is
important, but you have to be functional in order to fill the disk up
with Ceilometer events.
What we ought to do is determine is the breaking point. How many
nova/neutron/glance DB transactions per minute cause too much
API/Galera traffic + Ceilometer traffic that it starts to interfere
with normal user requests?

I'm still working on sizing for Galera/SQLAlchemy, and that breaking
point will raise for environments with many CPUs and lots of memory,
but it won't go away.
I vote for Ceilometer + MongoDB as a role and on a separate node if we
have over 50 nodes.